The Inspiration Fund creates life-changing experiences for over 13,000 young people in schools across the country part of the David Ross Education Trust.
Our enrichment programme is at the heart of our organisation and encourages students to become confident, well-rounded young people who will be valued members of society. According to our students and their parents, the outstanding opportunities we are able to offer is one of the hallmarks of a Trust education.
We are proud to be able to say that ours is the only programme of its kind in the state sector and gives our students access to the kinds of life-changing experiences normally only available at independent fee-paying schools.
Events and initiatives benefiting our academies and made possible by the Inspiration Fund include:
- The DRET Summer Cup and Winter Cups, both primary and secondary
- The DRET Music Festivals, primary & secondary
- Talents days with specialist musicians, dance instructors, elite athletes and Olympians
- Mentoring programmes
- Virtual Challenges
- The DRET All Stars programme in music, football, netball, rowing and rugby
- Improved sports facilities and equipment
- Specialist sports programmes, instrumental lessons and the Singing Schools Project
- and much more!
Why we're raising money
Our award-winning enrichment programme helps our students to develop their passions and discover their talents through access to the very best in sports, music, culture and outward-bound activities. The Inspiration Fund is what funds all the opportunities provided to our students, and in order for the Trust to continue offering these life-changing experiences we need to fundraise. Without the Inspiration Fund, there is no DRET Enrichment Programme.
As one-Trust, we will group together throughout the year to deliver fundraising events, campaigns and bids to raise money for the programme.